Film: New Forest is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purpose of the 2018 General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is New Forest District Council, Appletree Court, Beaulieu Road, Lyndhurst, SO43 7PA. You can contact the Councils Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you contact Film: New Forest we will ask you for certain personal information in order to be able to assist with your enquiry. Some of this information will need to be recorded and stored on our systems. This Privacy Notice aim to explain:
- The different kinds of personal data we process
- How we use your data
- How we store your data
- Why we process your data
- When and why we share your information
- What are the legal grounds for processing your information
1) What kind of personal data do we process
When you contact Film: New Forest we will collect certain personal information from you, for example: your name, phone numbers, your email address and/or property address
The type of information we collect will depend on the nature of your enquiry
We WILL NOT share your information with any external party for marketing or promotional purposes.
Information we may collect from you whilst you are using our web services – When someone visits this site we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We may have access to geolocation data as indicated by your IP address. We collect and process IP addresses of all devices where some of our services are made available on such as our live chat. Collecting and processing your geo-location data refers to mobile devices as well as computers.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. To find out more about cookies visit; https://filmnewforest.com/cookies-policy/
2) How we use your data
We use your information in a variety of ways:
- Register your details on our Film: New Forest Locations database
- Register your details on our Film: New Forest Professional Services database
- Notify Film:Hampshire and/or Creative England of your expressed consent to be added to their databases
- Make annual contact to ensure your details are still correct
- Respond to enquiries
- Communicate with you via email if you have signed up to our mailing list
3) How we store your data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
The website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates on the website that encrypts the transmission data. While we use strong encryption, both when your information is moving to or from our web services and also whilst your information is held by us, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We take every precaution to ensure data is safe and secure however we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Email newsletters – updating subscribers regarding the Film: New Forest project, this will include new locations, completed filming projects and upcoming events. Should you wish at any time to unsubscribe you can do so by following the instructions within any electronic communication which will automatically unsubscribe you. In addition you may reply by email requesting that your email address be unsubscribed whereby a member of the team will confirm within 30 days your request being received.
Film: New Forest also maintain a list of people who have expressed an interest in receiving updates about the project – this is an opt-in only service the information below will assist you in understanding if you opt in what communications we send and how to unsubscribe.
Locations and professional service information will be held for 7 years or until the termination of the Film: New Forest project to facilitate future filming enquiries; unless you request your information to be removed from our website beforehand. Filming enquiries will be held for 3 years for monitoring purposes.
4) Why we process your data
We need to process your data in order to provide you with the services that you are requesting. Examples of this may include
- If you wish to register to use your property as a filming location online at filmnewforest.com your information is needed to list the property on the website and ensure we have the correct contact details should the office receive a filming enquiry. If certain information is not provided, we may be unable to process your request
- If you wish to register your professional services online at filmnewforest.com your contact information is needed to list your information on the website so that you can be contacted for prospective jobs. If certain information is not provided, we may be unable to process your request
- If you have contacted us and require us to reply to you, your information is needed to enable us to make contact with you
5) When and why we share your information
Sometimes, in order to process your enquiry we need to share the information that you give us; either with other departments within New Forest District Council (for example Communications, Estates and Valuation services), or with other external ‘partner’ organisations (for example Creative England, Film New Forest). Some examples of how and why we share your data are:
- If you are making a filming enquiry that wishes to make use of New Forest District Council property, we may need to ensure that they are aware of your interest and/or allow them to communicate with you directly in order that the request can be processed efficiently
- If your request cannot be accommodated within Film: New Forest’s property database, we may refer you to the wider databases held by Film Hampshire and/or Creative England in order that alternatives can be identified.
Below is a list of the most common teams or departments that we share information with; this is not an exhaustive list, and information may need to be shared with other services within NFDC or external partners (that are not listed below) in order to process your enquiry.
|Shared with||What and why|
|Creative England||Contact information and details of your project may be shared, particularly if your project cannot be accommodated from the locations database held by Film New Forest|
|Film Hampshire||Contact information and details of your project may be shared, particularly if your project cannot be accommodated from the locations database held by Film New Forest|
|Communications (NFDC)||Details of your filming project may be shared as part of the monitoring process or used to publicise filming projects which are identified as of local interest. This publicity will only be generated with your explicit consent|
|Estates and Valuation||Contact information and the nature of your business may be shared in the event that you wish to make use of the New Forest District Council owned property. This will allow us to process your filming enquiry efficiently|
|Coastal||Contact information and the nature of your business may be shared in the event that you wish to make use of the New Forest District Council owned property. This will allow us to process your filming enquiry efficiently|
|Purple Dog UK||As website developer and host, Purple Dog will have access to the information entered onto the website and associated analytics data|
6) What are the legal grounds for processing your information
- Where it is in the public interest to do so
- In order to comply with a legal obligation
- Where it is in the legitimate interest of NFDC to do so
- With your consent or explicit consent. If you wish to withdraw this consent, you can do so by contacting us at the address above or on: email@example.com
We work hard to ensure that we only gather information that we need to process your enquiry and deliver the services that you are entitled to in the best way possible. However, if you have any concerns relating to this or your Privacy in general, please speak to (or contact) us (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or email our Data Protection Officer on email@example.com .
For further general information plus information on access, portability, erasure, correction, restriction, objection and notification see New Forest District Councils ‘Information Rights Policy’; ask at one of the council offices for a hard copy or it is available electronically at newforest.gov.uk.