Privacy Notice – Film: New Forest
Film: New Forest is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purpose of the 2018 General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is New Forest District Council, Appletree Court, Beaulieu Road, Lyndhurst, SO43 7PA. You can contact the Councils Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why we need to process your personal information…
- If you wish to register to use your property as a filming location online at filmnewforest.com your information is needed to list the property on the website and ensure we have the correct contact details should the office receive a filming enquiry. If certain information is not provided, we may be unable to process your request
- If you wish to register your professional services online at filmnewforest.com your contact information is needed to list your information on the website so that you can be contacted for prospective jobs. If certain information is not provided, we may be unable to process your request
- If you have contacted us and require us to reply to you, your information is needed to enable us to make contact with you
What information do we need to collect?
The information we collect includes; name, postal address, email address, telephone contact numbers, website address and profession.
We will use your information to;
- Register your details on our Film: New Forest Locations database
- Register your details on our Film: New Forest Professional Services database
- Notify Film:Hampshire and/or Creative England of your expressed consent to be added to their databases
- Make annual contact to ensure your details are still correct
- Respond to enquiries
- Communicate with you via email if you have signed up to our mailing list
We WILL NOT share your information with any external party for marketing or promotional purposes.
Who has access to your information?
New Forest District Council Economic Development Staff, Film: Hampshire (optional), Creative England (optional) and Purple Dog UK.
How long will we keep your information? – 10 years; unless you inform us otherwise
Film: New Forest also maintain a list of people who have expressed an interest in receiving updates about the project – this is an opt in only service the information below will assist you in understanding if you opt in what communications we send and how to unsubscribe.
Email newsletters – updating subscribers regarding the Film: New Forest project, this will include new locations, completed filming projects and upcoming events. Should you wish at any time to unsubscribe you can do so by following the instructions within any electronic communication which will automatically unsubscribe you. In addition you may reply by email requesting that your email address be unsubscribed whereby a member of the team will confirm within 30 days your request has been completed.
Information we may collect from you whilst you are using our web services
When someone visits this site we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We may have access to geolocation data as indicated by your IP address. We collect and process IP addresses of all devices where some of our services are made available on such as our live chat. Collecting and processing your geo-location data refers to mobile devices as well as computers.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. To find out more about cookies visit; https://filmnewforest.com/cookies-policy/
Where we store your web based personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
The website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates on the website that encrypts the transmission data. While we use strong encryption, both when your information is moving to or from our web services and also whilst your information is held by us, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We take every precaution to ensure data is safe and secure however we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you feel that your data has been misused or compromised in any way it is your right to make a complaint for investigation to the Information Commissioners Office. The contact details are below –
For further general information plus information on access, portability, erasure, correction, restriction, objection and notification see New Forest District Councils ‘Information Rights Policy’; ask at one of the council offices for a hard copy or it is available electronically at newforest.gov.uk.