Registering your property as a film location can earn as much as £1,000 a day, whilst commercial and industrial properties can be worth a lot more.
Whatever type of property you own, you may be able to make money by offering up your home, business, or land for filming. The Film:New Forest office receives a wide variety of filming enquiries and we are always looking for new venues to add to our location database.
We’re not promising that Johnny Depp or Meryl Streep will be walking through your house tomorrow…but they certainly won’t unless you register your property and promote what your location has to offer to film makers and keep the details up to date.
The service Film:New Forest offer is free and we do not charge the production company, or the location owner fees to help set up the filming.
If we receive relevant enquiries for your property, we will contact you to see if you would like to be involved. There is no obligation to accept any potential filming. We will put you in touch with the film’s Location Manager and leave you to negotiate your fees and terms. We will not publish your contact details online, but if you wish to give permission for them to be passed directly on to the Location Manager, there is a box you can complete at the bottom of the form below.
How to make your location stand out
Before you begin, we recommend you think about the specific aspects of your property that would make it attractive to a production crew and ensure your property description includes the following:
- Type of property and location (for example Georgian/rural countryside etc)
- Parking details and road access (tarmac/gravel or if additional parking is nearby)
- Access to and in the property (such as steps/ramps)
- Features of your property (for example garden/cellar/loft/stables) with number of rooms / dimensions if possible
- Include anything unique about your property (for example: an ice house, swimming pool, particular historic features etc)
Examples of how your property details will be displayed can be viewed by displaying an online brochure typically sent to location managers/scouts.
Register your property
Register your property/business on our locations database.